In the future, electric vehicles will take over instead of fuel engine vehicles. So we need to know how to buy electric two wheelers online.
Currently Lots brands are launching their electric two wheelers in the Indian market. But all the electric scooters or bikes are not good. Some bikes or scooters come with good speed or features but they do not have the best features.
Before buying any Electric two wheelers, you need to choose some features like
1.Type of battery and warranty
2. Charging time
5.Top Speed and Torque
6.After Sales Support
8.Electric two wheelers insurance Cost
13.Brand new or Used Electric two wheelers ?
14.Electric Scooter or Bike availability
Best Guide to buy electric two wheelers online
1.Type of battery and warranty
All electric scooters or bikes come with lithium ion batteries. Right now lithium ion batteries are always safe among all batteries .
- Always you need to check what kind of battery they used on that electric two wheeler. You always choose a lithium ion battery.
- Always check the battery warranty before buying any new electric two wheelers. Most brands give you a 5 years warranty. Do not take below 5 years warranty battery.
- Check battery power
- Check in Google that any fire incident happens with the battery or not.
- If a swappable battery option is available in those two wheelers that is very good for you. Replacing a battery is very expensive and you have to pay more.
2. Charging time
Charging time is a big problem for any electric vehicle. If you journey long and work all the day with bikes or scooters. Then charging time is a big headache for you. So, you should
- always check that kind of two wheeler which comes with a fast charging option. Fast charging facility always saves you time.
- If you use your bike or Scooter privately then you can choose a home charging socket or portable charger so that you can charge your EV in your home or office easily.
- Always choose home charging options that take 4 to 5 hours for full charge.
Warning:- Fast charging option is not good for any battery. If you use fast charging frequently then battery health will be affected badly and battery life will be reduced.
Most of the customers search for or looks any electric two wheelers before buying. Range always depends on battery power. Long range ev always benefits for long journeys.
- Always choose what kind of bike that ranges over 100km.
- You can take the below ev for city drive.
Warning: sometimes companies do not say the exact range.
4. Battery Capacity
Now all upcoming electric bikes or scooters are equipped with lithium ion batteries. Lithium ion batteries are the number one battery all over the world.
- Always check more than 2.5 kWh battery for electric scooter and 3.4 kwh battery for electric bike.
- More battery power gives more range.
- Always choose a portable or detachable battery because you can take a battery instead of a low battery or for a portable battery, you can charge only the battery in your office.
5.Top Speed and Torque
One of the major advantages of an electric two wheeler is its instant torque. Sometimes you can feel awkward when you drive a fuel bike or scooter. Because electric vehicles come via electric motors that generate power instantly on the rear wheel. More torque gives you more speed.
- Always takes 70 to 80 km top speed electric two wheelers. An underpowered electric scooter or bike always feels irritating on your journey. High speed always saves your time.
- Take an electric scooter or bike which comes with at least 3 driving modes-low, medium and high.
- Take BLDC Powerful modes which consume less power and give more results.
- Always check the carrying capacity of any electric two wheeler.
- High speed modes consumes more power.
Read more:-Top electric sports bike in india in 2022
6. After Sales Support
Before buying an electric scooter or bike , you should have researched the after sales services and sales support offered by the company. Poor sales support from the company can end up in a bitter ownership experience. So, you have to check that to the brand sales support after buying. Electric vehicles come with complex pieces of machinery , every machinery can not be repaired , you have to replace it. For replacing you have to need authorised service centres if anything goes wrong with your electric vehicles. So,you may choose the top brand because they will not cheat on sales support.
7. Build Quality
Sometimes we see range,speed and battery, but forget about checking build quality. These new electric scooters or bikes may surprise you with their build quality. Most of the EV brands are using material on electric vehicles like a conventional petrol or diesel bike. Before buying any electric scooter or bike, take test rides and check its build quality. Right now top brands are providing their test rides.
8. Electric two wheelers insurance Cost
Battery powered two wheelers come with an expensive price. so you need electric bike insurance to buy any electric scooter or bike. But electric bikes are affordable when compared to any conventional two wheeler insurance. Electric scooter or bike comes with 70 to 80 kmph top speed. Its has less risk factor. So, electric bike insurance is less expensive.
Some people like speed, like a sporty bike that uses motor Power. Also motor Power provides extra power to increase carrying capacity. So, you need to choose a capable powerful motor that gives power to the electric scooter and bike for your requirement. Do not buy a low powerful motor that will give power and also consume more battery power. Then you may suffer your whole life experience with this bike or scooter.
At this time, most electric scooters or bikes use a BLDC motor that gives very good results like speed,range and range.so, all time takes a BLDC motor and checks its torque.
Right now in India, electric vehicles have not fully evolved. Because most of the brands launched their electric scooter or bike but did not set up a charging network. So, you can not see as many charging stations as conventional fuel stations. If the battery drains out during your journey then you can not find any charging station near that place. So, this time your experience will be very bad. So, before buying an electric scooter or bike, you should have checked this.
11. Maximum load
Electric vehicles do not have many more components . Only the battery and motor are a little heavy on the electric scooter or bike. Lightweight electric scooters or bikes are always useful to carry heavy loads. Sometimes it depends on the power of the motor used on that bike or scooter.
So, before buying any EV you need to check its load carrying capacity.
12. Running Costs
Running Costs are the most important factor in buying an electric scooter. You invest more money to buy a bike or Scooter and if it’s running Costs is very high then you have to pay a heavy price.
Running Costs depend on what kinds of battery and electric motor is used and how much power consumes. That basically shows you how good this bike is.
13. Brand new or Used Electric two wheelers ?
Electric two wheelers or fuel engine two wheelers price is much more different. Here electric two wheelers are more expensive. Also brand new electric bike or scooters are a little expensive.
If your budget is enough to buy any brand new electric two wheelers then you can go with used electric two wheelers. Electric vehicles market just started to grow in India in recent times . You may not find a used electric scooter or bike right now.
But before buying any electric scooter 9r bike you need to check its condition like battery, range, build quality etc. Also check battery life, electric motor speed, warranty, sparta availability .
14. Electric Scooter or Bike availability
Many fuel engine two wheelers manufacturing companies are shifting their manufacturing from fuel to electric like Hero, Bajaj, TVs etc. And many start up manufacturing companies Ola, Ather, Revolt already launched their EV in the Indian market. Some companies launch their EV through retailers.
So, electric two wheelers buy a tricky test if you do not live in top cities. Also the number of electric scooters or bikes in your area is a question because of the limited type of ev two wheelers brand available.
15. Software Updates
All the electric vehicles are equipped with advanced technology. All the need to update software of any electric vehicle. Latest technology improves your electric two wheeler’s performance. So, make sure that the company will give time to time software updates after buying an ev. Some brands give updates for free but some brands take charge from the owner of the bike. So, you need to check all the information before buying any electric scooter or bike.
16. Latest Specifications
Currently all the electric vehicles are equipped with the latest or smart technology. Smart technology wants the latest specifications. So, you need to check latest specifications
- Display:- Display always gives you information about range , battery charger percentage, Navigation, smartphone connectivity etc. So, you always need a LED display with a touch screen.
- Bluetooth connectivity:- One of the best features for an electric scooter or bike is its bluetooth connectivity. Bluetooth connectivity gives you notification on your mobile like charge, on or off switch features, keyless and anti theft features etc.
- Navigation:- Navigation is a very essential feature for any two wheeler rider because it shows you right information where you have to go and how far you have covered etc.
- Throttle:- when you buy a bike you always check or take a test ride if there is any throttle created when you are riding at high speed.
- Riding comfortably:- before buying any electric scooter or bike, you need to check the comfort of any electric two wheeler. So, you can take a test ride and it’s pillion comforts
- Charging port:-Alway check company is providing charging port or not . Do not use any bike or scooter if it does not provide a charge port with the bike or scooter.
- Noise:- some bikes provide artificial sound for any electric scooter or bike. Sometimes you can add your own noise through your mobile.
On the other hand, an electric motor makes noise when you ride full speed.